Skip to main content

Teen arraigned after arrest in connection with downtown Boston stabbing

This content collected from Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News.

A 19-year-old appeared in court Monday and had a not guilty plea entered on his behalf after he was arrested in connection with a stabbing in downtown Boston over the weekend. 

The stabbing happened near 4 p.m. Saturday at 215 Charles Street. Boston police said officers arrested Kymani Walker, of Mattapan, later in the day after witnesses told them they saw someone flee the area after the stabbing.

Speaking in Boston Municipal Court, assistant district attorney Amanda Corin said the victim in this incident suffered multiple stab wounds. 

Corin said a witness was applying pressure to the victim when officers arrived on scene and said other witnesses were in the area. 

Corin said emergency crews brought the victim to nearby Massachusetts General Hospital with “very serious injuries.” Though injuries were serious, Boston police described the wounds as non-life-threatening. 

Corin said witnesses reported hearing the victim say “I don’t even know you” before the stabbing. Speaking with investigators after the incident, Corin said the victim again said he did not know his attacker. 

Corin said investigators obtained a description of the alleged assailant using cell video of the incident. 

After authorities broadcast the description, Boston police said state troopers found Walker in the area of Teddy Ebersol’s Red Sox Fields. 

Corin said Walker matched the description of the person involved in the stabbing and said he had blood on his clothing when officers arrested him. Corin said a witness also identified Walker after he was taken into custody.

Walker’s defense attorney said his client did not stab the victim and said there were no specific things that identified him as the person behind this incident. 

“I’m not disputing…somebody was stabbed and this is a serious case,” Walker’s attorney said. “But you can’t now cast a big net and see who you catch in this matter.”

The judge in Walker’s case ordered he be held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing.

Walker is due back in court on Wednesday. 


Bangla Zoom is most popular bangladeshi website. We are working with bengali news, english news headlines, bangla blog tips, bangla health tips, entertainmnet and more bangla helpful tips.
from Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News
Source: https://whdh.com/news/teen-arraigned-after-arrest-in-connection-with-downtown-boston-stabbing/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virginia family gets keys to Habitat for Humanity’s first 3D-printed home in the US

(CNN) — One Virginia family received the keys to their new  3D-printed home  in time for Christmas. The home is Habitat for Humanity’s first 3D-printed home in the nation,  according to a Habitat news release. Janet V. Green, CEO of Habitat for Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg, told CNN it partnered with Alquist, a 3D printing company, earlier this year to begin the process. The 1,200-square-foot home has three bedrooms, two full baths and was built from concrete. The technology allowed the home to be built in just 12 hours, which saves about four weeks of construction time for a typical home. April Stringfield purchased the home through the  Habitat Homebuyer Program . She will move in with her 13-year-old son just in time for the holidays. “My son and I are so thankful,” Stringfield said in a  live feed streamed on Habitat’s Facebook  page. “I always wanted to be a homeowner. It’s like a dream come true.” To purchase the home, Stringfiel...

Lawsuit: High school football player says coaches forced him to eat pizza as punishment, violating religious beliefs

CANTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio high school football player who says coaches forced him to eat a pizza covered with pepperoni grease in violation of his religious beliefs is suing his former district and the ousted coaches. The former Canton McKinley High School athlete and his parents filed a federal civil rights suit this week seeking millions of dollars in damages and alleging violations of his religious freedom and constitutional rights. The athlete says in the lawsuit that coaches were notified he doesn’t eat pork or pork residue as a member of the Hebrew Israelite religious faith, but that they ordered him to eat the pizza as punishment for missing an offseason workout — and indicated his spot on the team was at risk if he didn’t. The coaches say the player chose to remove pepperoni and eat the pizza rather than an alternative food. They weren’t aware it violated his religious beliefs, according to a  defamation case they filed  previously against the teen’s father, his a...

After court victories, Michael Jackson estate eyes revival

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Michael Jackson’s musical legacy never left, but a kind of comeback is coming. With a series of court victories that bring the end to serious legal crises, with a Broadway show beginning and a Cirque du Soleil show returning after a long pandemic pause, the Jackson business is on the upswing 12 years after the pop superstar’s death. Very recently, things looked grim. The 2019 HBO documentary “  Leaving Neverland  ” raised child molestation allegations anew. The once-dead lawsuits brought by the two men featured in it had been  revived  by changes in the law. And a decision in the estate’s appeal of a $700 million tax bill was taking years to arrive. “I was always optimistic,” John Branca, the entertainment attorney who worked with Jackson through many of his biggest triumphs and now serves as co-executor of his estate, told The Associated Press in an interview at his Beverly Hills home. “Michael inspired the planet and his music still ...