Skip to main content

Posts

2 juveniles rescued by resident after canoe overturns in Ipswich pond

A resident is being hailed for his quick actions after two juveniles in a canoe needed rescue in Ipswich on Saturday. Emergency crews responded to Hood Pond around 12 p.m. after learning two juveniles were yelling for help after their canoe flipped over, according to Ipswich Police Chief Paul Nikas and Fire Chief Paul J. Parisi. When they arrived, they learned a resident from across the street had heard the calls for help and he and a neighbor had paddled about 100 yards out and grabbed onto the canoe the juveniles were clinging to and brought them back to shore. Both juveniles were evaluated by ActionEMS and released to their parents. The Good Samaritan was evaluated on scene by Topsfield Fire and released. “This was a very close call, but it ended with the best possible outcome thanks to a Good Samaritan acting quickly,” Parisi said in a statement. “Our thanks to our mutual aid partners from Topsfield for responding so quickly to this incident. Please let this serve as a reminder...

Jury selection resumes on day 4 of Karen Read retrial

Jury selection for Karen Read’s murder retrial resumed Friday at Norfolk Superior Court in Dedham. In a final attempt to get Read’s murder charge dismissed, her legal team has announced they are taking her double jeopardy claim to the Supreme Court of the United States . Her lawyers say members of the previous hung jury came forward after the trial and said they were only deadlocked on one of her three charges — manslaughter. Read’s attorneys are now arguing that trying her again on second-degree murder and leaving the scene of a deadly crash amounts to double jeopardy. In Dedham, the court is more than halfway through seating a new jury. Five men and five women have been selected so far. One of the previously chosen jurors was dismissed Thursday after telling the judge he could not serve, but was quickly replaced with another man the same morning . Read is accused of hitting her Boston police officer boyfriend John O’Keefe with her SUV and leaving him to die in the snow after a ...

Trump says he’s giving TikTok another 75 days to find a US buyer

This content collected from Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News. WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday said he is signing an executive order to keep TikTok running in the U.S. for another 75 days to give his administration more time to broker a deal to bring the social media platform under American ownership. Congress had mandated that the platform be divested from China by Jan. 19 or barred in the U.S. on national security grounds, but Trump moved unilaterally to extend the deadline to this weekend, as he sought to negotiate an agreement to keep it running. Trump has recently entertained an array of offers from U.S. businesses seeking to buy a share of the popular social media site, but China’s ByteDance, which owns TikTok and its closely-held algorithm, has insisted the platform is not for sale. “My Administration has been working very hard on a Deal to SAVE TIKTOK, and we have made tremendous progress,” Trump posted on his social media platform. “The...

Trump says he’s giving TikTok another 75 days to find a US buyer

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump on Friday said he is signing an executive order to keep TikTok running in the U.S. for another 75 days to give his administration more time to broker a deal to bring the social media platform under American ownership. Congress had mandated that the platform be divested from China by Jan. 19 or barred in the U.S. on national security grounds, but Trump moved unilaterally to extend the deadline to this weekend, as he sought to negotiate an agreement to keep it running. Trump has recently entertained an array of offers from U.S. businesses seeking to buy a share of the popular social media site, but China’s ByteDance, which owns TikTok and its closely-held algorithm, has insisted the platform is not for sale. “My Administration has been working very hard on a Deal to SAVE TIKTOK, and we have made tremendous progress,” Trump posted on his social media platform. “The Deal requires more work to ensure all necessary approvals are signed, w...

Eliot Tatelman retiring after decades as face of Jordan’s Furniture

This content collected from Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News. It’s the end of an era at Jordan’s Furniture. The Dedham-based company announced Thursday that Eliot Tatelman will be retiring from daily operations after decades as the face of the brand. His sons, Josh and Michael Tatelman, who have served as co-CEOs for the past five years, will step into expanded leadership roles, according to Jordan’s Furniture. Jordan’s Furniture says it’s bittersweet news. “Jordan’s remains proudly family-run, with Josh and Michael continuing the legacy Eliot has built. This transition ensures continued focus on innovation, customer experience, and community impact,” the company said in a statement. Bangla Zoom is most popular bangladeshi website. We are working with bengali news , english news headlines, bangla blog tips, bangla health tips , entertainmnet and more bangla helpful tips. from Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News Source: https://whdh.com/news/eliot-tatelman-r...

Eliot Tatelman retiring after decades as face of Jordan’s Furniture

It’s the end of an era at Jordan’s Furniture. The Dedham-based company announced Thursday that Eliot Tatelman will be retiring from daily operations after decades as the face of the brand. His sons, Josh and Michael Tatelman, who have served as co-CEOs for the past five years, will step into expanded leadership roles, according to Jordan’s Furniture. Jordan’s Furniture says it’s bittersweet news. “Jordan’s remains proudly family-run, with Josh and Michael continuing the legacy Eliot has built. This transition ensures continued focus on innovation, customer experience, and community impact,” the company said in a statement. from Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News Source: https://ift.tt/EudatNv

Trump to weigh options for potential TikTok deal, sources say, with ban days away

(CNN) —  Advisers to President Donald Trump are expected Wednesday to present the president with options for a deal to invest in TikTok that involves a number of well-heeled venture capital, private equity funds and tech companies, multiple sources familiar with the discussions say, as the White House tries to cleave the popular social video app away from Chinese ownership ahead of an April 5 deadline. Interested parties have been eyeing a takeover of the popular short-form video app since US lawmakers passed a bill requiring the app to be sold to a US entity or be banned in the country. When Trump took office, he declined to enforce the ban for 75 days to reach a deal, but the law requires a deal to be in advanced negotiation stages to pursue another delay in banning the app. Two large hurdles must be cleared for any potential deal: Trump must sign off on a proposal and China’s President Xi Jinping must then agree. Xi has been opposed to giving away any valuable technology infra...